Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quick 2 Block Chicken Avo Salad

I've been having this salad a lot lately. Really I hate salads, I much prefer cooked vegies and after I gave up chickpeas I didn't really know what to have. Lately I've started eating them again after I read how much better raw food is over cooked food (makes sense, but it was a good reminder).

My dad has a cafe a block from my house, so I get a lot of my groceries there. He has the yummiest shredded chicken for his baguettes so I steal a heap of it and use it throughout the week.

Chicken Avocado Salad
Zone: 2 blocks
Ingredients:
60g chicken (poached and shredded) (2P)
20g avocado (2F)
47g carrot (1/2C)
125g cucumber (1/2C)
40g sweet corn (1/2C)
115g cherry tomatoes (1/2C)

* To make it a 3 block meal just add another 30g chicken, 10g avo or 13 pinenuts, double the sweet corn and carrot. Or instead of doubling those vegies you could throw in half a block of capsicum (75g) and red onion (45g).
  • Chop vegies and avocado
  • Mix & serve
  • Can add salt & pepper to taste, and vinegar or lemon for flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment