Thursday, October 15, 2009

Microwave Broccoli Bean Scramble

When I first heard that you could do scrambled eggs in the microwave I was surprised, I didn't think it would work. I tried and it did. The reason I kept doing this, rather than just scrambling in the frypan was because I was told that olive oil is much better for you before it is cooked. Plus this way I don't have to clean the frypan!

The only non-Paleo food that I'm alowed to eat is probiotic yoghurt, I think because it helps to repair the damage done by my medication. I like Vaalia light Vanilla (aka block in a box, because it is exactly one complete block) and I have it with either 120g strawberries (1C) or 100g raspberries (1C). That just leaves some protein to make up, and there comes in the scramble.

To make this a 3 block meal I need to add 2P, 1C and 2F.

Yoghurt
Vaalia light (1C, 1P, 1F)
100g raspberries / 120g strawberries (1C)

Scramble
70g brocolli (1/2C)
2 eggs (or 1 egg & 2 egg whites, or 4 egg whites if you really don't want yolk) (2P)
65g green beans, chopped into pea sized chunks (1/2C)
2/3 tsp olive oil (I use one with garlic already in it) (2F)
Italian herbs
  • chop up brocolli and green beans.
  • microwave in covered bowl for 2 mins to soften
  • add eggs and mix very well
  • add 3 tbs of water and continue to mix
  • microwave for 1 minute
  • mix, the outside will be cooked so mix it in to the middle
  • microwave for another minute and mix
  • if it looks nearly done just microwave for 30 seconds, if not go another minute (this last bit makes it really fluffy)
  • add olive oil and italian herbs (salt and pepper too if you want) and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment